Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween



Happy Halloween to everyone. Diane and I are writing this blog together on Halloween Night. We have had the most trick or treaters we have ever had since living here. Brings me back to when i used to go trick or treat'n a couple yeras ago JK. Now, we both get big'n fat eating all the left over candy, but thank god Diane bought some pretty generic candy this year...not to appetizing.
Well I am a week from being done with the treatments. If everything adds up I have only 5 more days of actual treatment and it could not be soon enough. This burn on my neck is really starting to hurt and the side effects are at a maximum. I still have a voice, though a raspy one, it's still a voice. According to my doc at this point I should only have a wisper, but i actually have more than that, which is a good sign. I thought on this blog I would give you a day-in-the-life of me going through this treatment schedule. My first appointment is at 9:00 am, so I wake up at 7:30 am every morning. I leave the house by 8:30 and do my first radiation treatment at 9. I am out of there by about 9:20am. The treatments are pretty fast, it is really only about 10 seconds of radiation a side. After my first treatment i do some arrends and then go workout for about an hour. (i'm down to 200 lbs now but have built a bit of muscle and it really gives me some nice energy to get through the morning) After the working out, when I have a lot to do, I stay down in SLC until my second appt at 3:30 pm. Latley because the side effects are so strong i am really burnt out about 12 noon and go home to take a nap. The reason radiation makes me so tired is because my body is working over-time repairing all the damage the radiation is causing.There must be a minimum of 6 hours between treatments. I go in again at 3:30pm and I am out by 3:50 pm. I then drive immediately home and take about an hour nap and am refreshed for the evening. I usually pop my first pain pill at 4:00pm (Loritab). then Diane comes home about 6pm and we eat dinner, which has been soup for the last 3 weeks. Getting a little tired of soup, I am craving a nice hamburger. At 8pm i pop two of the the more major pain killer (Oxycontin) and it puts me in a good mood for the rest of the evening...matter of fact I am on them now. so if i start sluuuuurring mmmyy woo rdsss! jk. Actually it is a very effective pain killer without any side effects. We are then in bed by 10pm. Sleep by 10:30pm. Thats my day Mon-Fri. Weekends are just plain lazy.
You may say to yourself, that is a lot of driving, well my driving just go alot more fun. A little over a week ago, i received my brand new 2008 BMW 535i. I LOVE THIS CAR !!!!! It is sheer pleasure driving this everyday and i count my lucky stars that i was able to save up and get one. I am a car guy and this is the ultimate car. Well getting late and i am forcing Diane to watch the movie "Saw" with me tonight, she wil be very scared!!!!! Well we both say goodnight and thankyou for all your input.
Chris and Diane

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris

what about the up-close-and-personal picture I took of your REDNECK yesterday at Gardner Village in Salt Lake City.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Son

Was great to spend a couple days with you again this week ... two weeks in a row .... a new record.
Enjoyed meeting your doctor, quite an engaging and personable individual. Thanks for buying lunch yesterday and showing me the Salt Lake City tourist attractions the past two weeks.
Yes, the car is really THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE .... but try to hold down the horses a bit ... 85mph on the on-ramp merging into traffic is ok for Germany, but not so good on I-80 ... remember, driver school can be an even worse pain in the neck ! ha ha ha
Hope you will display your SUPERMAN "statue" for future rememberance of your ordeal.
SEE YOU IN MEXICO end of month.

Love,
Dad

Jayme said...

Hi guys!! We are so glad to hear that you are almost done. YAY!! Your car is fabulous. Congratulations. I tried to call you the other day Diane, but for some reason couldn't leave a message. I will try to call you soon!! Love you.

sis_in_chicago said...

So glad to see you updated the blog, you two. I'm thinking about you everyday and curious if there is a "Good bye radiation" party in the works. :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle .... there's a large bell inside the medical office outside of the radiation room .... it's purpose is to have it rung by the patient once his final treatment has been completed .... sort of like a fairwell notice coupled with the good luck this bell is intended to provide.
Vaija con Dios ... and off into the sunset he drives in his new Bimmer letting bygones be bygones ....... starting the new life as true a cancer survivor and to live Happily Ever After ! Then we can all say that our prayers have indeed been answered.

Love to all
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris and Diane

Just wanted to say hi and that my thoughts and my moms are with you both threw all this.We pray for your quick recovery and for you to be back in the skies flying soon! You are both a inspiration to our familys-Krugers,Grays,and Adams. We love you guys..Karin and Aunt Joyce...Oh and if makes you feel any better, right now for me the closest thing to your pain is have to watch Dora the Explorer all day and night to make your little cousins daughter happy..Someday you guys will know what I mean. Hugs and Kisses-Karin

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris and Diane,

It was so good to read the update to your Blog and know that things are going well. The end is in sight and what wonderful news that is to hear about the strength of your voice. Yaaaaaaaay, before we know it, you will be saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking" and what a joyous day that will be. Someone should record it!!!!

You two are an amazing couple!!!

Oh, by the way, the car's ok!!! :)

Hugs,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Just a quick note to let you know we're thinking about - and praying for you. Glad to hear you're almost at the end of your treatments...so stay positive...I'm sure good things will come from all of this.

Take Care,
Mel and Lynn

P.S. Cool car!...Hi to Diane!

Anonymous said...

Chris and Diane

Please show us THE PICTURE of You ringing the bell at the the final treatment appointment on the 8th (last Thursday) !

Love,
Dad