It has been a very interesting first few weeks. Chris and I have gone from spending three or four days a week apart to being together everyday and night! It has been an adjustment, but allowed us to bond even more than I ever thought we could,I guess that's what I signed up for when we got married, bonding for life! :)
I think now we finally have a good treatment schedule for Chris. He now has treatments at 9am and 3pm. Chris has joined a gym to keep up his energy and we looking for good soup and easy to swallow food recipes. So if anyone has some please feel free to email me at damend@utah.gov. We are starting to see a slight burn on Chris' neck. Also this week he has had a bit of a sore throat and some fatigue.
Some good news, Chris sold his WRX and is getting ready to pick up his BMW soon! We will be sure to post lots of pic's of the new car. Thanks again for all the support and great comments! We love them!
Diane
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Just about half way through now Bro! Bryan and I will be out to see you guys soon when you're up for it. xo!
I'm a lary and didn't have radiation. I understand that the drinkable Aloe from Wal-mart will help with the soreness in your throat when swallowing.
Hang in there and I hope the radiation works for you. Good luck.
Parnell
You guys are doing great. Of course, I do check in every day to see how you are doing. I know the side effects are really kicking in, but you are handling them with the same positive attitude - just always experimenting with what are the easier foods to eat and learning that a daytime nap is a good thing. The gym workouts also seem to give you a boost. You and Diane are a great team - keep us the support of each other and this will all be behind you in no time.
Love, Mom (your #1 fan)
Having been a Laryngectomy since 94 I can assure you that the once the treatments are over you will be surprised how quickly the soreness and redness goes away, any way I was. Good luck to you I hope it works well for you and you never have to have this operaton. Gos's speed. Jim Fohey
I know what you are going through and how difficult the regimen can be. I've been through radiation treatment 2 times, once for laryngeal cancer and once for nasal pharyngeal cancer. I've also had a partial laryngectomy and then a total laryngectomy, and I've also been through chemo. Keep fighting and make sure you get plenty of rest.
Chris, hand in there buddy...only a month or so to go. You'll be back to your Carl's Junior (w/fry sauce) diet before you know it!
BTW, any updates? :)
bulging eyes...yeah right...hahaha!
Hello Chris & D! took me a while ... but my thoughts are with you. week 3 = half time ?! Lerberkäs', Wiener Schnitzel and a cool German Beer might not be an option right now, but it will come back! Good thing you came to Germany before this ordeal to store up !! From what I understand you doing quite some sports - wow you will be in shape! wishing you both all the energy and courage you need right now ! Love Uschi from Lausanne
Hi guys!!! It is good to hear that things are progressing quickly and well. I can't believe it is half way done. YAY!!! It is crazy to have so much time together, huh? Max and I had that for about 3 weeks when we moved here and when he was waiting to start his new job. It is good bonding time. We love you. Hopefully we can see you soon.
Post a Comment