Saturday, September 29, 2007

One Week down.....

Well, one week down and six weeks to go. I don't have any side effects yet, but my neck is getting a slight tan. Right now my treatment schedule is twice a day, first at 7:30 am and the second is at 3:00 pm. I must have a minimum of six hours between treatments. I joined a gym this week, so in my down time I have something to do. I have been enjoying all my favorite foods these last few weeks, knowing most will be off limits in the near future. I feel like I'm not getting any treatment, as there are no side effects yet and I am in and out of there in ten minutes. I am told that within two and a half weeks I'll start feeling the side effects. I'll be sure to share them along the way. I'm feeling fine and optimistic about the cancer. I think we made the best choice and I'm feeling at peace about the radiation treatment.

My mom, Anne from San Jose, and sister, Michelle from Chicago, are visiting this weekend. They are here for a support boost! They came to my afternoon appointment and got to see the facility and how I receive the treatment. We then had a great day at Gardner Village, looking at the witches and shops, dining at Archibald's. It is all decorated for Halloween! Today it snowed here in Park City, earliest snowfall we have seen in four years we've lived here! More to follow next week, and pictures of the radiation facility.
Chris

1 comment:

mygermandad said...

How was that home-made Chicken Corn Soup last night, Chris. Probably one of mom's old Pennsylvania dutch recipes?

Hope you got enough to freeze for when the throat gets sore and won't tolerate any of those hard foods like pizza.

Love you and "GO NINERS" ,

Dad