For those friend and family who haven't been updated for a while I though I'd let you know what has been going on these past few months. Basically since October of last year Chris has been diagnosed with cancer of the voice box or cancer of the larynx. Since then we have been doing laser surgery to try and rid him of the cancer. Unfortunately it has never been completely successful and in August he had another biopsy that showed cancer cells. His doctor recommended radiation treatment. After several weeks of research, mostly done by family, (thanks so much Anne!) we debated between another surgery and radiation. Chris and I have decided to go with the radiation treatment. So for all our loving friends and family I though it would be a good idea to create this blog so we can keep everyone updated on how Chris is doing over the next few months. I hope this help those who are wondering whats been going on and keeps you apart of the support system Chris needs.
Diane
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful way to keep all of us up to date and current with Chris' treatments and progress.
Chris is in my thoughts and prayers every day. This is a great way to keep us all involved. My family and I will checking in often.
One down ___ to go?
L, Claire
Chris and Diane,
We have been on this journey with you two since last year, thanks to the wonderful friendship that we have with Mom/Anne. Please know the prayers/encouragement/positive thoughts that are sent your way each and every day.
Thank you for taking the time to create this site. Everyone is so concerned and this will just keep us all up-to-date as we continue this journey with you.
Love,
Earl and suan
Chris and Diane, you are in my prayers often. This last Sunday I said a special prayer in your honor, Chris, at the altar as I was helping the minister give communion as a deacon. Somehow we all find the strength to do what we must in this world. My brother, Larry, and I have both been through Radiation and Chemotherapy together three times. I had my chemo injections on Friday and returned to work Monday; Larry had is radiation in the morning and went to the college in the afternoon That's not to say we weren't "tired!" but it didn't slow us down. I have retired after 40 years of teaching and Larry is talking about retirement as he turns 60. We're huge supporters of the medical profession and their expertise. Please contact either of us any time you like. I know that you and your mom have our addresses, etc. Diane, Larry and I would probably never have gotten well had it not been for the unending support of our families; Chris is very fortunate to have you at his side. The best to you all. Love, Linda Sparling
We enjoyed meeting you Diane. Thanks for keeping us updated and we are praying for you always.
Lot's of Love
Post a Comment