Well I just came from Chris's radiation appointment. It was really interesting to see the machine and how they do the radiation. I was able to go back with him while they got Chris on the table and get him set up. They have a plastic mask with holes in it that goes over his head neck and shoulders. It is fitted. They created it last week, the plastic once in water becomes like paper and then placed on Chris. It then drys on his face and becomes hard again. Once they get him lined up to the machine myself and the techs step out and watch through a monitor how he gets the treatment. The machine is huge. It's rotates around Chris while he's on the table. Then a tech goes in and makes some adjustments and then they radiate again. He gets radiated on both sides of the neck. The staff there is really nice and great at explaining everything to me. It is really fast.
Looking forward this weekend for Anne and Michelle's visit. They too will get to see how the radiation is done.
I feel excited to finally have started the treatment, but feelings of insecurity do linger from time to time.
Diane
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I know this can be a tough experience but you guys will do wonderfully! I know exactly what you’re talking about with the radiation machine, it seems very intimidating the first time you see all of the equipment. Take it all in baby steps or it is just too overwhelming.
If you need anything at all I would be happy to help. I guess my best advice is to stay positive and get lots of rest! I love you guys! I’ll call you tonight.
I'll echo Sarah's sentiments: Stay positive and take baby steps. We're all here for you. Lots of love to both of you!
Diane!!! I am SO glad that you started this. We are always thinking about you guys. I wish we were there so that we could do more to help. We love you. We will be checking in often.
So I talked to Chris just shortly after his 1st radiation appt this morning - he was at a pancake house having, yes, pancakes! He's convinced pancakes will be easy for him to eat during his treatments. It's the little things (and esp food!) that keep us going, huh bro??!! :) xo
Dear Chris and Diane:
I am certain that you will beat this desease and get back to resuming your normal lives by Thanksgiving (quite appropriately)
Mary and I look forward to spending some quality time together in Mexico, Guadalajara and on beach of Puerto Vallarta, first week of December.
Of course, I plan to see you periodically while you are in treatment as well as along the route, as we drive your new BMW across the country following its arrival from Europe in Atlanta.
Hope your upcoming visit by mom and your sister will be enjoyable, maybe you can get her to cook up some of those German delicacies we had last month in the Fatherland.
Lots of love to you,
Dad
Hi Chris & Diane, Jurgen sent me your blog. I am so happy he did
I was really wondering how you were doing and things were progressing for you. I know both of you will manage the situation great. I have been teaching flying this summer & I always think of you & all you have accomplished with your flying.
I am thinking of you every day!
xxoxoxo
Dee Everett
Chrissy Boy and D, very cool idea to keep us updated. Keep your chin up...especially you Chris, while they're radiating you :)
Joking aside, you are in my prayers and I, too, am very confident that everything will be back to normal before years end.
Post a Comment